wegner.tech For some cases that often occur, most of the data (files, folders) stored on the flash disk suddenly disappear after being plugged into the computer. This happens because the computer is infected with a virus. Viruses like this are viruses that have the ability to attack and hide data stored on USB devices such as flash drives, external hard drives, memory cards and several other devices.
So, if you experience a case like the one above, you don't need to worry about your data being stored, because the data is hidden by a virus, you can restore it to its original state.
How to restore files / folders
- First, open the "Run" menu by pressing the "Windows + R" button on the keyboard
- Enter the "cmd" command and press enter.
- Type the location of the device. For example, the flashdisk device that is read on a computer is the drive (J :), then the command you type in CMD is "J:" (without the quotes) then press enter. See pictures for more details.
- Continue typing in the command »attrib -s -h -r *. * / S / d and enter.
- attrib is one of the commands in cmd
- -s is a command to remove the file system attribute
- -h is a command to remove the hidden file attribute
- -r is a command to remove the attribute in the Read Only File
- *. * is the extension for all files (.jpg, .png, .mp3, etc.)
- / s is a sub directory
- / d is the directory
The last step, check the data that is in your device.